Comprehension & Results
We are committed to achieving more than your mere understanding...
- With a combined coaching and training skill set, we ensure that core values and ideas have an opportunity to really take root at your workplace.
- The Herrington Group designs and delivers direct participant training workshops
- Providing train-the-trainer workshops and toolkits
All disability awareness training sessions created by The Herrington Group Ltd. are “cross disability based” meaning they explore the needs and experiences of individuals with a variety of different disabilities including mobility, sensory, learning, mental health, and environmental.
Our Workshops Include
- Increase participant awareness of the AODA; it’s purpose, function, and main legislative areas (Standards) and other legislation affecting people with disabilities (Ontario Human Rights Act)
- Provide participants with a clear understanding of requirements under the AODA and offences for non-compliance.
- Explore Specific regulatory requirements of AODA Accessibility Standars.
- Increase participant self-awareness regarding personal assumptions and approaches when interacting with people with disabilities.
- Allow participants to learn a variety of, and choose the most appropriate way(s) to, interact with individuals with disabilities, thereby increasing staff’s knowledge and skill repertoire in serving people with disabilities.
- Explore ways to create required compliance materials, documents, and procedures through active exercises and templates.
Disability Awareness Training &
- Township of West Lincoln
- City of Port Colborne
- Town of Lincoln
- Town of Pelham
- Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Township of Wainfleet